- Karen’s Shows Class List – CESHS Rated Classes at shows on 4/9, 5/7, 6/11, 9/10
- 2016 Show Dates 4/9, 5/7, 6/11, 9/10, 10/8, 11/12
- Cost: $8 per class or $48 all day, unlimited classes for one horse/rider combo ($25 for second horse with same rider or same horse with new rider) Food will be available at show.
- Classes will run in numeric order except trail and speed classes. Classes will be split if entries warrant.
- All breeds can enter any class or any age rider may enter the class for their experience (unless otherwise noted)
- In case of bad weather, if in doubt, please call 302-422-7571 or 302-382-3621
CESHS denotes Combined Eastern Shore Horse Show pointed classes (points also count towards year end for Karen’s Shows) KS denotes Karen’s Shows pointed classes (points only count towards Karen’s Shows year end awards) All class points count towards Karen’s shows year end awards.
KS Lead Line On Lead (English, Western, Saddleseat)
- 1. Lead Line Walk 2. Lead Line weave cones 3. Lead Line Over Two Poles.
- KS Lead Line off Lead (no age limit, casual attire)
4. Lead Line Walk Off Lead 5. Lead Line OF Walk Over Poles 6. Lead Line OF weave cones
7. KS Adult Lead Line (children lead the adult)
Halter Classes (CESHS and KS)
8. KS Stock Horse Halter (QH, Paint, etc.) 9. CESHS Quarter Horse Halter (Registration Required)
10. CESHS Paint Halter (Registered) 11. CESHS Appaloosa Halter (Registered)
12. CESHS Arabian Halter (Registered pure and half) 13. KS Pony Halter 14. CESHS Open Halter
Showmanship (CESHS and KS)
15. CESHS 4-H Grooming & Showing 16. KS Beginner Showmanship 17. CESHS Open Showmanship
18. KS Advanced Showmanship 19. KS Adult Showmanship
KS Green Horse Pleasure (English, Western, Saddleseat, casual attire)
20. Green Horse/Pony Walk 21. Green Horse/Pony (W/T) 22. Green Horse/Pony (W/T/C)
KS 4-H Beginner Equitation (hunt seat, saddle seat and Western) (casual attire)
23. 4-H Walk 24. 4-H Walk/Trot 25. 4-H Walk/Trot over poles
CESHS 4-H Classes (hunt seat, saddle seat and western, proper attire)
26. 4-H Equitation (walk/trot or jog/canter or lope) 27. 4-H Pleasure (walk/trot or jog/canter or lope)
KS Mini Stirrup Equitation (rider under 18, horse or pony, casual attire)
28. Mini Stirrup Walk 29. Mini Stirrup Walk/Trot 30. Mini Stirrup W/T over poles
KS Beginner Equitation (hunt seat, saddle seat, western – any age, horse or pony, casual attire)
31. Walk 32. Walk/Trot 33. Walk/Trot over poles
KS Advanced Equitation (rider 18 and under, horse or pony, casual attire)
34. Walk/Trot 35. Walk/Trot/Canter 36. Walk/Trot/Canter w/2 fences 18”
37. CESHS Open Walk/Trot (part of CESHS Open Division which includes Open halter, Open showmanship, w/t and Open trail)
KS English Pleasure Horse (casual attire)
38. English Pleasure Under Saddle (w/t/c) 39. English Pleasure Park Mount (w/t/c)
CESHS English Pleasure Breed Classes (proper attire, registered with breed association)
40. Quarter Horse English Pleasure 41. Paint English Pleasure 42. Appaloosa English Pleasure
43. Arabian English Pleasure (purebred and half) 44. Arabian Park Horse
KS English Pleasure Pony (casual attire)
45. English Pleasure Under Saddle (w/t/c) 46. English Pleasure Park Mount (w/t/c)
CESHS Casual Hunter (casual attire)
47. Walk 48. Walk/Trot 49. Walk/Trot/Canter
CESHS Limited Adult (proper attire, rider over 18 years not to have jumped 2’ at show, English or Western)
50. Walk 51. Walk/Trot 52. Walk/Trot/Canter
KS Old Farts and Tarts Pleasure (casual attire - senior rider and/or senior horse, English, western, saddleseat)
53. OFT Walk 54. OFT Walk/Trot 55. OFT Walk/Trot/Canter
Western Performance Classes will not start before 1:00
CESHS Western Pleasure (proper attire, chaps optional) open to horses and ponies
56. Western Pleasure (w/j/l) 57. Western Pleasure Freestyle 58. Western Pleasure Versatility
CESHS Western Pleasure Breed Classes (proper attire, chaps optional) (registered with breed assoc.)
59. Quarter Horse Western Pleasure 60. Paint Western Pleasure 61. Appaloosa Western Pleasure
62. Arabian Western Pleasure
CESHS Western Horsemanship (proper attire, chaps optional)
63. Junior Horsemanship (w/j/l, rider under 18) 64. Adult Horsemanship
KS SPEED Division and OVER FENCES Divisions will be in Ring 3 (Separate ring and judge.)
Note: Over Fences will have set times. You can come anytime during that hour for your classes.
KS Over Fences Classes (warmup will be available until 10:30)
Beginner Over Fences classes: 11:00 to 12:00
- 66. Beginner Equitation O/F (all ages) over 4 cross rails 67. Beginner Hunter O/F (4 Cross rails)
- Intermediate Over Fences classes: 12:00 to 1:00
68. Intermediate Equitation O/F (all ages) over 8 fences 18” 69. Intermediate Hunter O/F (8 fences at 18”)
Advanced Over Fences at 2 feet: 1:00 to 2:00
- 70. Advanced Equitation O/F (8 fences at 2’) 71. Advanced Hunter O/F (8 fences at 2’)
- Advanced Over Fences at 2 feet 6 inches: 2:00 to 3:00
72. Advanced Equitation O/F (8 fences at 2’6”) 73. Advanced Hunter O/F (8 fences at 2’6”)
KS Speed Division (Speed classes will begin after the last class in Ring 1 but not before the conclusion of the over fences classes)
KS Beginner SPEED Division (Same horse/rider combination may not cross enter into Advanced*)
74. Barrels 75. Pole Bending 76. Plug
KS Advanced SPEED Division
77. Barrels 78. Pole Bending 79. Plug
Speed Classes will be run in the following order: 74, 77, 75, 78, 76, 79
- *SPEED DIVISION Clarification: A beginner rider may enter on an advanced horse in the beginner division and the same horse can be used by an advanced rider in the Advanced Speed Division. An advanced rider may take a beginner horse in the beginner division and use a different horse in the advanced division. The same combination of horse and rider cannot be entered in both the Beginner and Advanced Speed Division.
- Trail to be held from 11:00 to 2:00, Separate ring/judge (Indoor Arena)
- 80. KS Lead Line Trail (7 and under) 85. KS Advanced Trail
- 81. KS Beginner Trail Walk/Trot (1st or 2nd year of showing, any age) 86. KS In Hand Trail – Beginner
- 82. KS Green Horse Trail (1st year of showing Trail)
- 83. KS English Pleasure Horse Trail 87. KS In Hand Trail – Advanced
- 84. KS English Pleasure Pony Trail 88. CESHS Limited Adult Trail
- 89. CESHS Open Trail
- GAMES: (time permitting) 90. Water Glass 91. $5 Bareback (you supply your own $5 and winner keeps the money!)
- The Rules
- 1. It is mandatory that boots and helmets are worn while mounted on any horse in any class (including Western) or while mounted on the grounds. This is an insurance requirement, any violation by any child or adult will result in a request to leave the show grounds and any entries will be forfeited. Yes, it applies to adults too!
- 2. All horses/ponies must have a coggins within one year of show date.
- 3. All CESHS classes will be governed by CESHS rules. Their rule book is on line at www.ceshs.com, go to the “other” section. The button for the rule book is in the center of the page. If you want your CESHS points to count for CESHS year end awards, you must fill out the forms on the same page and mail them or turn them in the day of the show. If you don’t fill out the form, your points will not count for CESHS year end award. KS year end will be the same and will be given for all CESHS classes at our luncheon. If you sign up for CESHS year end, you will be getting points for both circuits. (Double year end awards!)
- There are other CESHS shows nearby so you can get more points at their member shows. For other show dates and class lists, go to www.ceshs.com, events.
- 4. Horses shown in any shanked bit (curb, reining, Pelham, Kimberwicke, etc.) must have a curb strap or chain. No gag bits or mechanical hackamores in any class. Bosals and English hackamores are permitted only in KS classes. Snaffles or bosals are acceptable for all ages of horse in KS classes. No tie downs in any class. Martingales are not permitted in any flat class.
- 5. Showmanship must have a halter and lead. Bridle is correct for English attire showmanship. Silver is optional and will not be considered in any aspect of the judging. Correct attire and cleanliness (clipped and brushed unless breed does not require clipping such as Welsh pony, draft horse, Friesian, etc.) of horse and exhibitor will be considered in showmanship. Nylon halters are not considered proper show tack for halter or showmanship. A plain leather halter is not expensive and can be bought at Chick’s, Rainbows End, or online.
- 6. Mane banding and braiding is optional and will not be considered in the judging of any classes.
- 7. Because of the time of year of these shows, bathing your horse is not expected or required. A good brushing will be fine.
- 8. Classes will be split if there are more than six entries dependent upon the entries. For Example: 4 junior riders enter with 3 adult riders, class would be split into junior and adult. Split of classes will be determined by show management. Division will be designated with class number and the letter A. If this happens at three or more shows, a year end award will be awarded to both divisions.
- 9. Patterns will be posted day of show. This is for showmanship, over fences and trail. Additional Equitation and Horsemanship patterns are at the Judge’s discretion.
- 10. NO LOOSE DOGS please! All dogs on the grounds must be on a leash at all times.
- 11. Please do not crowd other horses and riders especially at the entry gate. This is counter- productive to a safe environment and a good performance. This is an issue at many shows so please learn to deal with it appropriately.
- 12. All 4-H members should participate in a showmanship class since it is a requirement at the State 4-H show.
- 13. Equitation, Horsemanship, Lead Line, and 4-H Divisions: No cross entering between divisions the day of the show. You may move up at the next show but cannot show two divisions on the same show day. For Example: If you show in beginner equitation, you cannot show in Intermediate or Advanced on that show day. If you show in Intermediate, you cannot show in Beginner or Advanced for that day. At the next show, you may change divisions if you wish. Lead Line riders may not show in any other classes other than Halter, Beginner Showmanship, Short Stirrup, and Lead Line Trail.
- 14. Green Horse Pleasure is a horse or pony in its first or second year of showing. Can cross-enter.
- 15. Western Freestyle – horses work both directions of the ring at W/J/L, then you have one minute (individually) to show off something extra about your horse (your choice, short reining pattern, figure 8, tricks, anything unusual that you or your horse may do that is entertaining or impressive).
- 16. Western Versatility – horses work both ways of the ring, then remove saddles for conformation judging. Judged 50 percent on performance and manners, 50 percent on conformation. Grooms allowed in ring.
- 17. Abuse of horses during show will not be tolerated and you will be asked to leave show grounds. Abuse is excessive, repeated yanking of the bit; hitting the horse in the head area with anything; gouging with spurs; excessive whipping especially in anger; etc..
- Karen’s Shows Year End Awards: You and/or your horse must attend at least two shows to qualify for Year End awards. Points will be tracked on all entries with a placing for the entire show season on all classes. Equitation points go with the rider, pleasure and all other performance class points go with the horse. Year End Awards will be given for all divisions at the show (CESHS and KS). Year End Awards Luncheon will be February 2017.
CESHS Year End Awards: To qualify for CESHS Year End awards, you must go to www.ceshs.com, go to “other” and fill out the forms. Submit form and payment as instructed on the form. Points start to accumulate at the show when you submit the form. If you sign up after the show, your points for that day will not count. CESHS will give points for all classes designated as CESHS but NOT for KS classes. The CESHS Year End awards banquet and dance are in November 2016. You will receive an invitation from CESHS for their banquet.
- Horse Trailer Parking: Entrance to trailer parking is off of Sun Street. If coming off of Route 36 (Shawnee Road), Sun Street starts in front of the farm. If coming from Killens Pond or Harrington direction, Sun Street is between Staytonsville Road and Shawnee Road.
- RAIN or BAD Weather Information: Our pasture (parking area) is on low ground so please call if we have had excessive rain the week before the show or if the weather is bad the day of the show. If you want to be called for a cancellation, please email me your phone number and I will call you. email@example.com
- Daily Championship and Reserves will be awarded for CESHS divisions as follows:
- Open Division (halter, showmanship, w/t and trail), Limited Adult, Quarter Horse, Appaloosa, Arabian, Paint, Western Pleasure, Casual Hunter, 4-H