Flying A is offering six informal horse shows for 2014 with a Year End Awards Luncheon for the High Point Champions. High Point awards will be given through 6th place. These shows were formerly the Kershaw Acres Schooling Shows. The shows will have three rings, one main ring for performance and equitation, a second ring (and judge) for over fences classes and a third ring (and Judge) for trail classes. While the class list may look long, it is not, and we are done before 4. Almost all of the classes had at least 3 entries, we split Stock Horse Halter into Paint and QH and some classes had 9 entries.
2014 Dates are March 8, April 12, May 10, September 13, October 11, and November 8.
- Karen’s Shows Class List All Shows for 2014
- Cost: $8 per class or $40 all day, unlimited classes for one horse/rider combo ($20 for second horse/rider combo) Food will be available at show
- Classes will run in numeric order except trail and over fences. Classes will be split if entries warrant.
- All breeds can enter any class and any age rider may enter the class for their experience (unless otherwise noted).
- Rain date will be the following Saturday. If in doubt, please call 302-422-7571 or 302-382-3621.
- 9:00 (Halter and Showmanship)
- 1. Stock Horse Halter (QH, Paint, etc.) 2. Pleasure Horse Halter (Arabian, Morgan, etc.) 3. Pony Halter
- 4. Leadline Classes will not begin before 10:00
- Leadline On Lead
- 6. Leadline Walk on lead 7. Leadline Walk over poles 8. Leadline – Weave cones 9. Leadline-W/T on Lead
- Leadline Off Lead
- 10. Leadline Walk Off Lead 11. Leadline Walk over poles 12. Leadline Weave cones 13. Leadline Walk/Trot Off Lead
- Ten Minute Break
- 14. Adult Leadline (children lead the adult)
- Performance Classes will not begin before 11:00
- Green Horse (first year of showing under saddle, English and Western)
- 15. Green Horse/Pony Walk 16. Green Horse/Pony Walk/Trot 17. Green Horse/Pony W/T/C
- English Pleasure
- 18. English Pleasure Horse W/T or Gaited 19. English Pleasure Horse W/T/C or Gaited
- English Pleasure Pony
- 20. English Pleasure Pony W/T or Gaited 21. English Pleasure Pony W/T/C or Gaited
- Beginner English Equitation ( hunt seat and saddleseat)
- 22. Beginner English Equitation – Walk 23. Beginner Eng Equitation W/T 24. Beginner Eng Equitation W/T over poles
- Advanced English Equitation (Hunt seat and Saddleseat)
- 25. Advanced English Equitation Walk/Trot/ 26. Adv. English Equitation W/T/C
- 27. Adv. English Equitation Hack (W/T/C one way of ring – individually jump two fences at 18”)
- Hunter Under Saddle (open to all hunter type horse)
- 28. Hunter Pleasure W/T 29. Hunter Pleasure W/T/C 30. Hunter Pleasure Hack (W/T/C and two 18” fences)
- 4-H Beginner Pleasure (English and Western, must be a current 4-H member)
- 31. 4-H Walk 32. 4-H Walk/Trot 33. 4-H Walk/Trot over poles
- 4-H Advanced Pleasure (English and Western, must be a current 4-H member
- 34. 4-H Walk/Trot 35. 4-H Walk/Trot/Canter 36. 4-H Walk/Trot/Canter one way of ring w/individual figure 8
- Western Pleasure
- 37. Western Pleasure Horse W/J or gaited 38. Western Pleasure Horse W/J/L or gaited
- Western Pleasure Pony
- 39. Western Pleasure Pony W/J 40. Western Pleasure Pony W/J/L
- Beginner Western Horsemanship
- 41. Beginner Western Horsemanship Walk 42. Beginner Horsemanship W/T 43. Beginner Horsemanship W/T over poles
- Advanced Western Horsemanship
- 44. Advanced Western Horsemanship W/J 45. Adv. Horsemanship W/J/L 46. Adv. Horsemanship Freestyle (see rules)
- Gaited Pleasure Classes (English or Western)
- 47. Gaited Horse Pleasure walk/gait 48. Gaited Horse Go As You Please 49. Gaited Horse Pleasure walk/gait/canter
- Old Farts and Tarts Pleasure (You know if you qualify for this one!)
- 50. OFT Pleasure Walk 51. OFT Pleasure Walk/Trot,Jog 52. OFT Pleasure Walk/Trot, Jog/Lope
- Over Fences Classes will run from 12:00 to 2:00, Separate ring/judge (Outdoor Ring 2)
- 53. Beginner Equitation Over Fences (all ages) over 4 cross rails 56. Green Hunter over fences (4 Cross rails)
- 54. Intermediate Equitation Over Fences (all ages) over 8 fences 18” 57. Intermediate Hunter Horse Over Fences (8 fences at 18”)
- 55. Advanced Equitation Over Fences (8 fences at 2’) 58. Advanced Hunter Horse over Fences (8 fences at 2’)
- Trail to be held from 2:00 to 4:00, Separate ring/judge (Indoor Arena)
- 59. Beginner Trail (7 and under) Walk only 62. Advanced Trail
- 60. Beginner Trail Walk/Trot (1st or 2nd year of showing, any age) 63. In Hand Trail – Beginner
- 61. Green Horse Trail (1st year of showing Trail) 64. In Hand Trail - Advanced
- All trail classes are open to all breeds.
- (Time permitting (before 4:00) we will have some fun classes such as egg and spoon, dollar bareback. )
- The Rules
- 1. It is mandatory that boots and helmets are worn while mounted on any horse in any class (including Western) or while mounted on the grounds. This is an insurance requirement, any violation by any child or adult will result in a request to leave the show grounds and any entries will be forfeited. Yes, it applies to adults too!
- 2. All horses/ponies must have a coggins within one year of show date.
- 3. Horses shown in any shanked bit (curb, reining, Pelham, Kimberwicke, etc.) must have a curb strap or chain. No gag bits in any class. Bosals and English hackamores are permitted. Snaffles or bosals are acceptable for all ages of horse in all classes. No tie downs in any class.
- 4. Showmanship must have a halter and lead. Bridle is correct for English attire showmanship. Silver is optional and will not be considered in any aspect of the judging. Correct attire and cleanliness (clipped and brushed unless breed does not require clipping such as Welsh pony, draft horse, Fresian, etc.) of horse and exhibitor will be considered in showmanship. Nylon halters are not considered proper show tack for halter or showmanship. A plain leather halter is not expensive and can be bought at Chick’s in Harrington.
- 5. Mane banding and braiding is optional and will not be considered in the judging of any classes.
- 6. Because of the time of year of this show, bathing your horse is not expected or required. A good brushing will be fine.
- 7. Classes will be split if there are more than six entries dependent upon the entries. For Example: 4 junior riders enter with 3 adult riders, class would be split into junior and adult. Split of classes will be determined by show management .
- 8. English classes will be split into hunt seat and saddleseat if entries warrant a split.
- 9. Patterns will be posted day of show. Copies will be at the entry booth also. This is for showmanship, over fences and trail. Equitation and Horsemanship patterns may or may not be given prior to start of class.
- 10. NO DOGS, please. While your dog may not bother your horse, it may bother someone else’s horse. Please remember that some horses and people are afraid of dogs.
- 11. Please do not crowd other horses and riders especially at the entry gate. This is counter- productive to a safe environment and a good performance. This is an issue at many shows so please learn to deal with it appropriately.
- 12. All 4-H members are encouraged to participate in the showmanship.
- 13. A Beginner is a person in their first or second year of showing (any age). Intermediate is a person in their second or third year of showing. Advanced is a person who has been showing for more than three years.
- 14. Green horse is a horse in its first or second year of showing.
- 15. Western Freestyle – horses work one direction of the ring at W/J/L, then you have one minute (individually) to show off something extra about your horse (your choice, short reining pattern, figure 8, tricks, anything unusual that your horse may do that is entertaining or impressive).
- 16. Year End Awards will be given for Stock Horse Halter, Pleasure Horse Halter, Pony Halter, Beginner Showmanship, Advanced Showmanship, Lead Line On Lead Division, Leadline Off Lead Division, Green Horse, English Pleasure Horse, English Pleasure Pony, Beginner Equitation, Intermediate Equitation, Advanced Equitation, Hunter Under Saddle, Western Pleasure Horse, Western Pleasure Pony, Beginner Western Horsemanship, Advanced Western Horsemanship, Gaited Horse Pleasure, 4-H Beginner, 4-H Advanced, Old Farts and Tarts.
- Horse Trailer Parking: Entrance to trailer parking is off of Sun Street. If coming off of Route 36 (Shawnee Road), Sun Street starts in front of the farm. If coming from Killens Pond or Harrington direction, Sun Street is between Staytonsville Road and Shawnee Road.
- RAIN or BAD Weather Information: Our pasture (parking area) is on low ground so please call if we have had excessive rain the week before the show or if the weather is bad the day of the show. If you want to be called for a cancellation, please email me your phone number and I will call you. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Entry Form is under next button on left.